Friendship, it is the best ship. I have just been thinking about how I am grateful for friendship. I moved two months ago and I am not far from where I was before, so I’ll return some nights and weekends to visit. But for the most part I just to chill in my new city. I made a few friends at my new job, I have some old friends who beg me to return at times, and I have one friend that already lived in my new city. He was kind enough to invite me to social events and to hang out. Here is the bad news…. he is moving.
Geoff is the type of friend that will:
- Pay attention to even the boring-est details of your job and ask you about them later
- Find your missing earring even when you have given up hope
- Text you during holiday breaks requesting to know, “How the snow shoving is going?”
- Invite you to the coolest activities that only in crowd know about
- Own a pet snake an will let you cross “Hold a snake” off your bucket list
- Take a spontaneous to a new level
Lately, we have been hanging out more, because I knew that he would soon be leaving. Not a good idea, said the tears flooding out my eyes when I said goodbye.
It is good for him. I think. Life has done all it can to convince him not to move he met an amazing girl right before the big move. (She is quality, and she fits in our group of friends really well.) We held a don’t-move-intervention. I say don’t move every time I see him. None of this is working. Which is fine. He moved anyway.
Life is about changes.
The secret to dealing with those changes are:
- Grabbing the bull by the horns
- Dancing like everybody or nobody is watching
- Singing like nobody or everybody is listening
- Planning things to look forward to
- Rolling with the punches
- Enjoying life
- And FRIENDSHIP
Because life is about toasting with ice cream and enjoying friendship.