Fashion tips for packing:
1. Know before you go, research a bit into what is going to be like. You don’t want to pack only shorts and sandals even if you are headed to hot AZ. (Sometimes life throws you a storm.) Learn about cultural expectations. You don’t want to be the offensive stranger. Perhaps it will just be your lack of manicure, that sets you apart as a visitor. (With my experience it is usually just mannerisms that offend; showing off the bottom of your shoes, being excessively loud, your smile, etc.)
2. Pack your staples, keep it classy. Your go to jeans, you know the ones that make you feel great. A dress that you can dress up or dress down. A few classy shirts, the type you can throw on accessorizes. Neutral swim suits and outerwear depending on the area of travel. Dark jeans or dress pants are also something that you can build on. When packing your staples, pack in neutral tones, this is where I usually fail.
I pack several colored/ flowery/plaid (You are getting the picture…) blouses and a few jeans. Dear me, There has to be more to your wardrobe than just claiming my jeans to be my staples. Staples should be classy.
3. Add your pop of color! I love this phrase. Choose a flattering color palette that can be easily combined with your classic/staples. Add in pieces that will spice up you vacation with that pop of color. Don’t be afraid of what you’ll add in this section, this is where you’ll gain your fashion variety. (Currently, mine would surely include some Kelly Green.)
4. Shoes. Plan them well. Shoes take up the most space and add the most weight. So, find ways to get multiple uses. At times that will mean being creative and stepping out of your fashion comfort zone.(Aka tennies with summer dress?) Think of the activities you’ll be participating in, make sure that you have appropriate footwear. (Avoid wearing tennis shoes with your little black dress to the black tie event.)
*Packing tip: Shower caps to keep your soles from soling your clothes.
5. Last the best of all the game: Accessories! Accessories are the icing on the cake. Bring those cute earnings you get complements on. The little things will complete the outfit and the look. Be cautious on your expensive things or the sentimental pieces you don’t want to loose. Take things you normally wear and are comfortable with. That is something to remember, and works in general with everything you are packing; if you wear it here, you’ll wear it there.
Where ever you go: